Home Forums The Entrepreneur’s Corner EXPERTISE NEEDED RE: SELLING INVESTMENTS

Bruce Wade
    Participant

I joined our A+EN about 1 year ago. I have learned a lot in this past year but my learning curve will always be an endless
    journey.
    I have made several company investments in that time frame. But the majority of my financial commitments were
    made prior to the onslaught of CV 19.
    But now I realize that for a few of my Angel investments, it is going to be very difficult for them to survive this economical
    crisis we are all facing.
    Because of this, I now feel the need to cxl a few of my investments.
    All of my companies are currently dormant…………i.e. they are in-between different stages of their funding rounds.
    MY QUESTION: Once the next funding round is started, do I have the opportunity to cancel my investment to recoup
    my monies in full ???
    Thank you.
    Bruce

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
    Replies

• Bruce Wade
        Participant

I am the author of the above entitled topic: Expertise needed re: selling investments:
        I apologize but I used the wrong word when I said: “SELLING” investments.
        The word I should have used was “CANCELLING” My iNVESTMENTS.
        Everything else in my blog remains the same.
        So basically I’m just cancelling my investment that I already submitted with the hope of
        getting my original seed money back in full.
        Many thanks and sorry about any confusion I caused.
        Bruce
        #thanks Stephen for your reply

• Stephen B.
        Participant

Hi Bruce,

There are certain restrictions on selling investments made in equity crowdfunding offerings. You will want to review the terms of the particular offerings you participated in. In general, you may need to wait 12 months before being allowed to sell the securities. Furthermore, there is no guarantee that you will be able to find a buyer for your securities.

Further information can be found at the following link: https://republic.co/learn/investors/selling

Best,
        Stephen

Any and all communications from employees should not be considered personalized investment advice. Although our employees may answer your questions, they are not licensed under securities laws to address your particular investment situation. No communication by our employees to you should be deemed as personalized investment advice.

• This reply was modified 2 months, 1 week ago by Stephen B..
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.