Sign In

Enter your details below.

• This topic is empty.

Vonda Kaye
    Participant

Hello Brothers and Sisters in Arms,

My name in Vonda K. Robb and I am a MAJ in the Army Reserves Nurse Corps. I was direct commission in 2006 and have spent approximately half of my career on active duty. I was deployed to Iraq for one year with a Combat Support Hospital from April 2008 to April 2009. I am an Operating Room Nurse; for 10 months I was at Al Asad and two months I was tasked to Ibn Sina Hospital in Baghdad (green zone). I live in Killeen (not far from Fort Hood) which is in Central Texas. I joined A&E a few months ago to grow my portfolio for when I retire. I followed my ex-husband around for 15 years of his AD Army career prior to joining the USAR, so I don’t have a retirement on the civilian side other than my Roth IRA and my Thrift Savings Plan. The Roth TSP have grown nicely but won’t b]e enough to support me for the rest of my life.

I look forward to learning from all of you as I know nothing about this type of investing. I was drawn to this group because we understand each other because of where have been and what we have sacrificed as members of the Armed Services. Many civilians cannot relate to us because they haven’t been in our boots.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Group Membership

Find Friends

Group Members

FAQ

For answers to some of the most frequently asked questions about groups and local chapters, click here.