Sign In

Enter your details below.

2020 or 2021 investment???

Brad
    Participant

All,

Does anybody know the answer to this:

If my investment hasn’t been finalized before the end of the year, does it back date to my 2020 investment commitment date?

I don’t know if the SEC will look at it as a 2020 investment or a 2021 investment.

Thank you!

Brad

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies

• Merlynmac
        Participant

That’s a great question and one I’m not 100% sure on. My initial thought is it will count when the company closes on your investment (i.e. either with the company closes the raise or when they do a rolling close that includes your investment. Again, I’m not 100% sure but I do believe it’s when the company actually accepts/takes your funds.

It’s best to consult a tax attorney on that one. If you do, please come back and let us know what they said.

• Brad
          Participant

I attended the webinar today and asked these questions. Neil was not able to answer for certain and recommended reaching out to Startengine or the other platforms to see if their legal team can provide a correct answer. I am waiting on their response.

• Brad
          Participant

That’s what I’m leaning towards as well. I will definitely let everybody know.

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Group Membership

Find Friends

Group Members

FAQ

For answers to some of the most frequently asked questions about groups and local chapters, click here.