Neil here.

Happy holidays! I hope you’ve been spending some well-deserved downtime with your loved ones this week.

As for me, I plan on using this long weekend to take some much-needed R&R alongside my wife and daughter. It’s been a crazy year, and family time is more valuable than ever these days.

But before I put my phone and computer down for the day, I want to leave you with a short (and very important) note as we head into the last week of 2020.

It’s all about opportunity… and there certainly is plenty of it out there.

So much, in fact, that it’s easy to feel overwhelmed. (If you are, I don’t blame you one bit.)

Over 627,000 new businesses start each and every year, and the vast majority of them will likely not make it.

But around this time of year, I like to take a step back and focus my energy on all of the opportunities that are worth my while (and my dollars).

Because even though 90% of startups will ultimately fail… that still leaves 10% of them that won’t. And as you know, we’re in the business of finding success stories here.

Moving into the New Year, having a positive mindset and a sharp eye for success will help you out in the long run.

But why wait until then? There’s still about a week left in the year.

I suggest carving out a bit of time in between your turkey and hot chocolate to scope out the latest and great opportunities before the year turns.

You’d be surprised at the number of people who don’t do this… but getting a move on right now can help kick your 2021 off way ahead of the crowd.

(Remember how I talked about 2020 being a record-breaking year for startups? That’s exactly what I’m talking about. There’s literally never been a better year to get a leg up. More on that here, by the way.)

And next year, loosened SEC restrictions will likely herd in a crowd of new angel investors looking for the exact same opportunities as you.

Do yourself a favor and snap them up first.

(More on those restriction changes here.)

In my experience, great opportunities can come from just about any sector.

This year alone, we’ve seen plenty of paradigm shifts that have lent themselves well to opportunities in startup-land. I’m talking about shifts like the sudden switch to telemedicine, the absolute dominance of ecommerce, the overnight move to working from home, and more.

Each one is worth its weight and more. But these days, I’ve got my eye on something a little different.

I’m talking about cannabis.

Now, I don’t personally partake, but I can appreciate a great business opportunity when I see one. And if you’ve been keeping up, I’ve been on the cannabis trail for a couple of weeks now.

That’s because this year, there’s really no market quite as meteoric as cannabis.

Where I live in L.A., for example, it’s all the rage. It’s been recreationally legal in the state since 2016, and the vast majority of Californians say legalization has been a great move.

And that’s just one state. It’s currently legal in 34 states (at least medically)… and legalization will likely expand over the coming months and year. Just a couple of days ago, for example, New Jersey became the latest state to approve a bill that will soon legalize weed.

It’s a market that’s absolutely exploding. VCs across the country are pouring millions of dollars into the industry and product demand from consumers is absolutely unprecedented.

So while we’re on the topic of getting ahead of the game… I don’t think there’s an industry quite as opportune as cannabis is right now.

And if you want to dive in right now (before the masses), here’s a great place to get started.

Enter Gage Cannabis Co. It’s the latest venture of Bruce Linton, the “Godfather of Cannabis” whose last company, Canopy Growth Corp., grew by over 75,000% in its first seven years of operation.

He thinks Gage is well on its way to being bigger than Canopy ever was within the next 5 years.

In fact, he’s sure that by the time he plans on taking this company public (in just four months), Gage could be worth a whopping $1 billion already.

In five years, it could be one of the world’s first $100 billion companies.

In other words, the return potential is enormous. You’re not likely to see another opportunity like this for a long time… and my friend Don Yocham over at Cannabis Venture Syndicate has all the information you need to learn how to claim a stake.

Just click here to get all the details on this hot deal recommendation.

So… my advice? Rest up, relax, and enjoy the holidays. But don’t forget to take a little bit of time here and there to get a solid head start on your 2021 portfolio before the end of the year.

Have an amazing holiday (whatever holiday that may be). Here’s to a weekend of great food, great company, and a whole lot of opportunity coming your way.

I’ll be back soon with another update.

Until next time,

Neil Patel